Wednesday, 3 May 2006

Dedication

The following is a dedication to a woman I loved deeply recently, and still do love but certain extreme conditions now make it impossible for us to keep in contact anymore, until maybe things become different in the future...

That woman is Elise.

Flower Girl in Langkawi


The above picture was taken during the trip to Langkawi (yes I know, I still owe you guys the rest of the pictures, but I'll do so after my exams). One of the main reasons for not posting any of the pictures of the Langkawi trip, is because most of the pictures is about her, and the "certain extreme condition" that I have mentioned above is the 2nd cause.

I got to know her from mirc. At first, we were just 'crapping buddies' in the cyberspace and I always teased her. She has always said that she was a dolphin, and I always am the fisherman ready to trap her in the net or to be harpooned. Our friendship didn't really develop when I was still in poly. After finishing my school term in poly, I started to chat with her more and gradually got to add her in my MSN.

I started to get to know her more via cyberspace until finally we exchanged our contact numbers. However, by then I was in the army around June 2005, serving my 2 years for the country. Since communication via cyberspace was cut off, I started to sms and call her frequently.

I first got to meet up with her during my first few book-outs from Pulau Tekong. I remember meeting her at Jurong Point and even though I didn't meet her before, I could recognise her when she arrived. We just chatted briefly and had dinner (she never finished hers), and we ended up at KFC where I gave her a tarot reading. The night ended when I accompanied her on the bus to her house, then I went back home myself.

After that, we went out the second time, this time to a KTV session. She heard my voice in the KTV for the first time, just as I heard her angelic voice for the first time. That night was pretty memorable as I felt that I was very close to her.

We had a second KTV gathering (a rather impromptu arrangment with her) on the day of my friend's wedding.

Us at Partyworld KTV

We had more fun singing as we picked quite a number of duets to sing with each other. Everyone else left earlier, leaving us to walk around the CBD area at night (around 1+ or 2+ am). It was very fun walking with her down the whole street all the way to Lau Pa Sat. Along the way, I showed to her the different images one can see on the moon when it is full, to which she didn't realise before. I wanted to walk on with her all the way till the morning, but my back didn't do me justice and also the fact that it was already so late, I wanted to send her back to rest earlier.

.....

Time passed and soon we were going out with each other more, and also conversing with each other more over the phone. During one of the nights after I booked out from camp, I waited for her at Boon Lay MRT, then I sent her home again but on that day, I chose to hold her hand and in the days that followed, we were together. The date was 10th of October 2005, the day we started to be together.

My life started to revolve around her, and I did everything I could for her, even if it meant that I had to do things I didn't do before. She was my everything.

.....

Around early December 2005, we went out to Sentosa (one place I have not went to for a long time) with her group of friends. We got pretty sunburnt, but I didn't really have fun (as I didn't bring an extra set of clothes, so I was there to look after all the stuff).

Us at Sentosa


There, with her friends, we made a giant sand sculpture of a dolphin.

Dolphin Sculpture

.....

Soon it was about time for viewing of the Christmas Decorations and Lightings at Orchard Road. We walked up and down the whole stretch of Orchard Road (the very first time I did that) and took many photos of the decorations there. The most eye-catching one was the one at Centrepoint, with the M&M's design.

Here's one we took at Takashimaya.

Us at Takashimaya

The only thing I didn't take was the huge Christmas Tree in Takashimaya, I figured that it was too common (since they do that every year), so I didn't bother to go in. It was really tiring to go from Plaza Singapura all the way to Tanglin Mall.

.....

In late December 2005, we went on to Langkawi for a trip to relax, it was with my group of close friends (I'll reveal them later when I post the Langkawi pictures). It was roughly a 7-day trip with a total travelling of almost 3 days from Singapore to Langkawi and back (because of a train trip). Details of the trip I'll talk about at another time.

.....

There are many memories I had with her, I really treasure all those memories. The fun we once had together, the times we once shared together and everything that we did together. I will remember them for life.

I cried last night. This was because I had no choice but to leave her life, in order for her to achieve her goal of being with someone whom she loves more. If she didn't matter to me, if I didn't love her, I wouldn't have cried so hard.

It was very very painful.

But I want everyone to know, I loved this woman called Elise. I will still love her, but the only way to remember her voice and her face, is through voice clips of her and pictures of her which is still stored in my computer.

I love you Elise.

Really do.

Live your life to the fullest, I hope the one you love, can love you more than you love that person. Be confident of yourself, and learn to stand on your own, I can no longer be there for you like before.

2 Footsteps:

Aaron "Six Stomachs" Chan said...

Noel, be strong. We'll always be here for you!

Pajilo

Jessica Quek said...

Please don't bother and be strong! :)
You deserve better :) hee