Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Scandals....

I'm sure most of you would be 'in the know' of Edison Chen's furore over the raunchy photos taken with various female stars. In the light of the whole event, no doubt what they have done is against moral values..... I really think the public should really see what's the main problem here, rather than just shooting Edison for his actions.

I doubt the Hong Kong media had noticed the impact of releasing the images in their papers or magazines, be it that the pictures were with mosiac or not, on the teenagers.

The effects of idolisation or idolising is what most teenagers or even some young children would do. They would think that certain celebrities are very important and would follow whatever he/she does or say. Now, looking at the situation from this viewpoint....

How would teenagers look at Edison Chen and the other female celebrities? Does it pose a risk of the groups of teenagers who idolise those celebrities to indulge in the very thing that is now a very big topic across the globe? The media did not try to minimise nor stop the repetitive broadcasting of the news.

The only thing I want people who lament and condemn the acts of Edison to realise this, what he and the female celebrities have done may be wrong, but please do not just focus on condemning them, focus on educating your children.

That is all I have to say about this gossip of the year.

0 Footsteps: