Thursday, 22 October 2009

Changes... yet again...

My life... a never-ending cycle of change. I don't know how, I don't know why, but changes happen in very drastic ways.

STM
A band with a great future? or a band where friends come together to enjoy time, just having fun?

I'm not sure. I chose to do a little test for the band, to see if the band was actually a close knit one. To which, I have had to find out the hard way. Yes, it is closely knit, but that's because of the amount of time they spend with each other. Which has a variable of me - someone who isn't always there, and someone who is the only one bothered about every member in the band, to talk to all of them, to find out what's going on in their life, etc; to which I got a very straight answer, "its the leader's job to do it"

I won't deny that the leader is supposed to do planning, booking, be bothered about every band member, but shouldn't the same be said for all band members? Otherwise why did the band even exist to begin with? I didn't feel anything from them, no words of concern, no words of encouragement or any questioning of why I did what I did in MSN and Facebook.

All the discussions, were made internal, amongst themselves. All the decisions, were made by themselves. All were too pre-occupied with their own stuff to notice that one band member was unhappy. And that being so, all didn't bother to message me (save 2 members, whom I totally respect, appreciate and are the ones whom I see have greatest potential).

And because of this, I saw that the band was rather divided. No common goals, and no concern for each other, all for themselves (well, most of them actually).

After the little "test", it was also the farewell to the band at the same time. No doubt jamming with them is fun, but it was going nowhere. So in order to fulfill my own goal of making music, I had to leave.

Sorry that it had to end in this way, but how things ended up, is a result of everyone's actions. So sorry that I had to choose this method to end things, but even if I did plan a meeting, would it come to a conclusion?

Life after death

Right now, I'm in process of forming another band with my friend. Still in discussion mode though... so might not even end up being a confirmed thing. Will be hitting the Chinese Music Scene in Singapore (the English scene is too dead... too small). But will I make it this time? I do hope so.

0 Footsteps: