Wednesday, 3 August 2005

What goes around, comes around...

There were many things happening at camp today. Something like a drama being played there and then. Started off by being late for camp, getting lectured for not doing a good job as a duty storeman the day before. Then one of the personnel collapsed while doing a task; he was sent to the hospital because of that (he vomitted blood too, so it was quite a sight. But I didn't see it...)

A whirlwind of things to do just piled up just like that and the whole morning was over before anything was really "noticed". Note: I was feeling very cold and had blocked nose, cough and cold sweat at my forehead this morning.

In the afternoon after the lunch break, I was tasked to do some more paperwork before my in charge brought me to the medical centre for my condition (plus me showing the MO the specialist letter regarding my slipped disc condition.)

As per usual, the MO did not do anything about my slipped disc condition (other than giving me Excused Heavy Loads, which I already do not need to do [it just proves to me that MO of every army camp including Tekong do not really follow the "Care for Soldiers" in the SAF Seven Core Values very much.]) I was just given some panadol (or so they claim) and some medication for my blocked nose.

After going back to the office, yet another incident happened. The duty storeman of the day couldn't find a particular key to a store and was searching high and low until the officer who was supposed to check the inventory in that particular store arrived. We spent around 30 minutes looking for just one set of keys.

Thankfully, everything else went smoothly at the end of the day, but I'm still having that cold feeling and a little bit of fever.

Coming back home, I received a SMS from my brother who happens to be overseas. He had lost his wallet. Talk about drama all in a day, I've seen it all. Lets hope such things doesn't happen anymore.

0 Footsteps: