Sunday, 11 December 2005

Army - Where Human Nature Is Most Raw

One week in camp (staying in because of exercise again) and the whole department seems to be falling apart. Office politics has always been something I totally loathe but it is inevitable (sadly). I also don't like the notion of people getting into "groups" according the their cliques.

It is always because of people starting to form groups, that brings about the start of office politics. Once there is someone who doesn't belong to the group, that person will be singled out and ostracised. From a more general POV, it seems like my whole department is united yet upon closer observation, the truth is thinner than a sheet of ice on a lake - conflicts can arise very easily and confrontations are very heated if any conflicts arise.

Perhaps it is because guys who go to NS suddenly loses 2 years of their life and freedom, hence the reality is stretched thin (so are their patience). Co-existing with one another is very difficult (furthermore since we are brought together from different walks of life), and getting to know about each other and to face each other for about 1 year plus can somehow be a pain (if there are some people who doesn't care about other people's feelings and act according to what they like).

I'm not too sure about this psychological part of NS as I'm still seeing the surface of things. I'm also part of the life of NS now, so it is even harder for me to observe (it is easier to see things if you are OUT of the box, rather than in it; Thinking out of the Box ).

Bliss, Bless

Could it be a dream come true?
Whence I find that time did heal some wounds.
Such happiness was never easy.
For only those who put effort reap rewards.

Perhaps the Heavens smiled upon me?
From the earnest prayers that I sent to them.
This blessing from the heavens I receive,
I will keep it true and hold it dearly.

****************************************

Elegance is what I see in you
Living a dream that I never knew
Inside my heart you are always
Simple and kind, loyal and true
Enchanting feelings we experience
Towards a future yet unknown
Acceptance is hard but fruitful
Never a time too late to keep hold of
Inside these words I pen for you
Look deeply and you will see
Open your heart and not just your eyes
Vainity is just the surface
Eternity is what I hope for
Yet forever is just an empty promise
Obsession will be more than a crime
Uncertainties will soon be over.

0 Footsteps: