Holidays?
Sorry for the super long delay in blogging, been up and down and all over the place... (nah... just didn't feel like blogging). Sure, exams are over for almost everyone (mine including...) and it seems like a time for holidays for most.. yet... it doesn't feel like a holiday already....
Perhaps... for me... things that has happened so far has given me a very negative reaction to certain behaviours and it has somehow given me an excuse to "run away" from a lot of things. Also, after one year of being in the army, I have already lost my drive of wanting to complete NS properly.
Recently, coming online has become a chore... I seem to be avoiding the real world altogether. Been playing games on the PS2, and this new game called Puzzle Pirates.
Holidays... I miss the feeling of having a break before continuing with my tasks or job. In the army, you can't take a break without using up either your leave or your off (one is entitlement and one is privillage). It is very systematic and organised and very "real world". After coming out from army, most guys would be matured enough and will be able to adapt to the working lifestyle (especially if the work is office style).
Sin
Every human will sin almost everyday. The seven sins of mankind - Vanity (or Pride), Envy (or Jealousy), Gluttony, Lust, Anger (or Wrath), Greed and Sloth (or Laziness). No one in this world lives a day without committing sin.
I sin. I have sinned. I will sin until I die.
I have sinned from Vanity, Envy, Lust, Anger and Sloth. And I will continue to commit the same sins for a long time.
I am a proud person, I believe in my own abilities and I believe that I am better that other people in certain ways.
I envy people who have things I don't have, especially their achievements. I envy those who are more well-off than me.
I lust for physical pleasures, and perhaps because of this, I may have harmed or hurt someone.
I succumb to bouts of anger easily, I am unable to control myself when the person I dislike irritates me beyond my threshold.
I am a very lazy person, I prefer not to work if possible and hopefully if NS doesn't need me to work until my ORD in one year's time, I'd be very glad.
But....
Though I am a proud person, I practice humility, I believe that there are people who are better than me out there and that they deserve my respect.
Though I am easily jealous of others, I am also easily contented with what I have, because it is what I have that makes me who I am, with or without, as long as I have, it is a blessing.
I may be a lustful person, but at least I can control myself from being a sex fiend. And I do not engage in "unhealthy behaviour" by visiting places like the "red light district".
Though I may be a volcano, I remain dormant most of the time. My threshold of tolerance is higher than when I was still in secondary school.
Though I am a sloth, I still know the responsibilities that I need to fulfill in camp as well as at home or even when with friends.
Have I sinned? You do the judging and tell me if I am able to repent, if my sins can be forgiven...
0 Footsteps:
Post a Comment