2007
It has been a full year since I entered NS, and many things has changed. Back in 2005, I was still a blur king entering NS with a very positive attitude towards army life; 2006 was when I decided that army is not really worth it for all guys in Singapore. Now?
Now, I feel even more convinced that NS is really something that deprives freedom for all guys in Singapore (except those who managed to skip NS due to some reasons). From 2 1/2 years to the present 2 years, the lives of guys in NS was said to have improved - not from what I see though.
Sure, there are people who can survive NS at the same time as carrying on with their private life outside as entrepreneurs, but does this mean all guys are able to do the same? Most would fall into my catagory of getting stucked financially, getting stucked socially and getting stuck mentally and being as timid as a mouse.
Financially - will anyone be able to survive a measly few hundred a month allowance for two years? Some can't even handle it due to family problems.
Socially - some people can only mingle with their friends in camp, but what about outside? (which means guys in NS can't find the chances to get to know members of the opposite sex.)
Mentally - MOST guys would forget what they have learnt in schools and lose most of their cognitive thought processing powers due to the "obedience training" from army (all the yes sir, no sir does most of the damage).
Timid - Army always gives you the threats of getting punishments for doing things wrongly: getting extra duties; stoppage of all off/leave and can't go home during the weekends; getting charged(court marshalled) for doing wrong things. Which makes any normal NSF become timid and become very obediant towards their superiors.
Which is why I wonder why isn't the laws or rules for NS reviewed to see a more plausible idea for defence of the nation.
Enough of army talk. Soon to ORD le, hehe.
Special Christmas
I spent my x'mas with my darling dining away at The Jewel Box. We had dinner on top of the sea, going to and fro from Mount Faber all the way to Sentosa and back (a few times too!). It was pretty romantic to have our meal there, something special as well. I'm glad that darling enjoyed the evening, as it is one of my most pre-planned event ever. XD
Resolution..... 1024x768???
New year Resolutions... They always talk about having resolutions to stick to and to fulfil... So far, I haven't really fulfilled any of my previous resolutions... so perhaps this year I will start the ball rolling with my list of things to fulfil in 2007:
1. Complete at least 5 tasks in my resolutions.
2. Get an A in my studies (more will be better).
3. Lose weight (target ==> 76kg. Present = 100kg and no, I'm not kidding)
4. Get a makeover + photoshoot of it.
5. Revamp my room, change the furniture and add more technology in my room.
6. Get a job by end of June.
7. Be nicer to my family (I'm a meanie sometimes... hehehe)
8. Be nicer to my dar dar (army takes away too much of my time...)
9. Go overseas to a place further than SEA regions.
10. Clear advanced theory and get my driver's license this year!
11. Rollerblade/Iceskate again! (this time with my dar dar)
12. Learn how to play musical instruments (keyboard, guitar and drum)
13. Take part in Singing competition and make it past the preliminaries!
.....
I guess that's all for now... hope I do keep my promise to fulfil some of them.. hehe...
Will post again soon.
0 Footsteps:
Post a Comment