Stability?
I'm now working at Sumitomo Electric Interconnect Pdts Pte Ltd, somewhere in Jurong (near my army camp, Jurong Camp). Its situated at International Road.
Basically, its just like going back to camp, except I'm being paid more to do work (though this time round its still a temp, but I really prefer it here than 88DB). I'm now working as a Data Entry Assistant for their company, as they are changing over to the ever popular SAP, so need some additional help to do their testing and so on.
I'm not sure if this can be considered stable or not, but I'm tied down by the contract (no job hopping for me...) for until end November.
I'm amazed at how Japanese companies run.
Morning at 8am - Alarm rings (time to start work!)
Lunch at 12.10pm - Alarm rings (break time!)
After Lunch 1pm - Alarm rings (back to work!)
Evening at 5.20pm - Alarm rings (time to pack up and go home!)
*note: The alarm rings every working day and its the same song as my imeem song. Picture Shokobutsu adverts.
There's no chance to go outside to eat due to the weirdest of lunch timing - 50 mins. So food is ordered through a caterer and is delivered to the office (really reminds me of SFI in army, every week the menu is different one.. XD). The menu is quite diversed and its cheap, $2.50 per pack.
We have packed rice with vegetables and meat or nasi lemak or soup with rice (3 flavours per day) or a daily special!
Kind of interesting if you'd ask me.
Transportation is provided from/to Jurong Point because the office is simply too inaccessible unless you drive. Fortunately, if I miss the shuttle bus, I still can take 252 or 193/182 and walk a short distance to the office.
I wonder how will I endure the whole 2 months plus, but I do hope this time I can save some $ for my near future.
Hope to get a permanent job soon.
0 Footsteps:
Post a Comment