Sunday, 4 May 2008

Logistician?

No, my job is slightly different. In my present company (not my employment company), I am doing the job of Customer Service Representative (CSR), which basically encompasses internal support (to company engineers), and external support (sales to customers) and also planning to support other countries.

I had a talk with my boss (of Novellus) and got to know from him what I am supposed to do. This is because for about a month, he did not go through with me on my roles and responsibilities (which I thought would be normally done from week 1), so I had to consult him.

Apparently, I am still quite the greenhorn in the company; making mistakes here and there, but at least I have stalled the power struggle for now.... Soon I might be taking over all the difficult stuffs and have greater responsibilities to handle.

I still have another two more months of probation before either I am confirmed, or I quit.

Its not saying that I am a quitter or what, but the bulk of work that is dumped onto me is really unrealistically huge. A normal job, would have at least 1 week of learning before progressing into actual work. My job (because of the lack of manpower), has less than 2 days to learn then start to work within the week.

From my understanding from my colleagues, it could be only in Singapore that it is so bad, other countries have different people handling different tasks; their CSRs handle much lesser things. My original role, as said by my job agent, is that I am to handle only Field Service Engineer (FSE) requests and other admin duties as requested by the company. Company here, refers to Yusen. However, Yusen doesn't give me work, only money and benefits. So Company here, refers to Novellus. And perhaps through a minor loophole, I am not handling FSE requests alone.

I'll just see how much I can cope, before I make my decision.

0 Footsteps: