Sunday, 8 June 2008

Compact Weekend...

This week, my weekend is really packed tight. First was a mahjong session on Friday until Saturday morning, then it was my friend's wedding dinner on Saturday night. And today on Sunday, my friends over from Sgclub are coming over for a cooking outing. XD

Friday, 6 June 2008

It was a hectic day at work, and to top it off, I had forgotten to bring my staff pass to work. Hence my entire day was pretty jammed packed with lots of things to follow-up and I couldn't go to the gents without borrowing my colleague's card.

Then came the night, I rested a little after dinner and when it was about time, I walked over to the MRT station to bring my friends over. We started the game at about 9.30pm and for the first time, I saw the game being jammed in the very first round in the first game. My friend Felicia was the person who started the round, and before anything could happen, another friend Bernard made a false call to game. Apparently, he does not know the definition of "Ping Hu" and thus gamed wrongly, TWICE.

We got stuck for about two rounds into the game and I decided to give up halfway, to play with Shawn on the PS2 (yes, good old PS2) - Narutimate Hero 3. Wen Xian took over my seat and somehow, he too managed to flout the same rule as Bernard.

At about 1am, after the initial game, Felicia and her boyfriend left. So leaving behind the four of us to carry on the mahjong session. For game 2, it was a crazy thing - We ordered 100 Pieces of Mcnuggets as our forfeit. In other words, since the max game cap was 5 "tai" the rules of the game was slightly modified to meet the forfeit.

If someone games 1 "tai", the one who fed the winner will eat 2 nuggets, while the other two players will eat 1. So if someone games 5 "tai", the feeder will eat 10 nuggets, while the rest eats 5 nuggets.

In the end, all of us were planning very hard to lose small or win big. It was really very crazy and after stuffing ourselves with so many nuggets, we started to err in our decision making. I even managed to lose a 5 "tai". Ugh, can you imagine stuffing 10 nuggets in, after you have already been full? Thankfully for the curry sauce, I managed to finish my share of nuggets...

No more nuggets for me, at least for a month....

We ended the game at about 5am, and the rest of them went home, so I just rested a while more before sleeping.....


Saturday, 7 June 2008

I woke up earlier because my stomach was complaining from the previous night of nugget cramming and started to burp lots, but I still managed to lie back into bed to finally enjoy my rest. Then at about 1pm, Dave called me, he was planning to meet me earlier to visit Thomas at his new shop, before going down to Christy's wedding dinner.

The funny thing is, Dave remembered my number wrongly and also forgotten about my old number! And he has been trying to contact me for a long time since last Friday. XD

We met up at about 5pm in the evening at Jurong and we proceeded to Bugis to meet up with Thomas. When we went there, surprisingly it was his shop's opening ceremony and there was some buffet. Both Dave and I had a short chat with Thomas and then decided to have a little bit of the buffet leftovers (because wedding dinners usually start later).

There was fried rice, long bean with shrimp, fried chicken and fish, and a dessert.

After eating, we proceeded on to the wedding dinner which is held at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Obviously we didn't really know anyone there except for Christy, but at least one thing is for sure her husband is a very gentle person, at least to what I see.

It was an 8-course dinner with lots of good nutritional ingredients. Dave and I chatted mainly by ourselves on the topic of meditation, spiritualism, etc. And throughout the whole dinner, both Dave and I felt the same thing - we were too full due to the food we had at Thomas' shop. We were mainly struggling to eat the food without leaving behind anything.

One thing to note, the service at the wedding dinner is top-notch. Each dish is properly prepared to be evenly distributed among the table's guests, such that nothing is wasted or left behind. And the waiters/waitresses are quick on their feet to provide service when needed.

All in all, I really feel happy for Christy because she has had lots of problems regarding relationships in the past. At least now she has finally found the one to be with for life, it is really much better for her.

Sunday, 8 June 2008

Now I'm just waiting for my friends to come over to start shopping for ingredients to cook. The ingredients are for the dish - Carbonara Pasta. I can't wait to eat the pasta again, because our dear friend Julian is the master chef in this department. Although it is Al dente, it is really good!

I'll blog more about the food fest later. hehehe XD

0 Footsteps: