Keane - Everybody's Changing
You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can
You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Says everybody's changing
And I don't know why
So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same
You're gone from here
And soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
Cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right
So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same
So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same
Oh~ everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same
Time doesn't heal everything
I have tried to forget the pain
Trying to find a reason to why it hurts
Yet no matter how I have tried
Nothing seemed to change.
I blamed everyone for the way things are
The world being so cold and unfeeling
Yet when I finally looked into the mirror
I could only see a failure cower.
They said that given time
All wounds will heal
That I do not believe
For my wounds are still fresh.
I was devastated when I broke off with my ex
I thought I could live on and be who I used to be
But ever since then I have not been the same
My heart never was healed.
I was once a fool for trusting and helping friends
Friends whom I have had complete loyalty in
Yet it was by my 'friend' that I have suffered
In his place I was beaten up for.
Time does heal physical wounds
But scars will remain
So is the wound of the heart
The scars stay for life.
History seems to make fun of people
As situations occur once more
People I place my trust in never fail to disappoint me
Letting me feel the hurt over again.
The people I befriend with may be true
Yet when their masks are removed does one see their crooked hearts
The ladies that I am fond of may be 'perfect'
Yet when my wound acts up I lose all heart
Time doesn't heal everything
Time waits for no man
I will carry the hurt with me as time passes by
For as long as my physical self can take it
0 Footsteps:
Post a Comment