Wednesday, 17 August 2005

Mindless Games

Been some time since I have last updated my blog. I made some recent small changes to my blog so if you can, go through them.

Army, a place where boys become man. True or False? To me, it is a mixture of both. For one, it is a place where one can learn how to have self-discipline; learn how to be more mature from observing how others do their job (and also gain responsibilities from doing the jobs themselves). These few (and some other points) are the more "positive" points that the Army can teach.

For the negative points, I have observed that Army makes guys become more like boys. We suddenly lose all our pride (in ourselves) and start being very obedient. Listening to every order/command given to us and trying to finish up the tasks handed down to us ASAP. It is also a place where responsibility is being pushed from one person to another, until somebody gets the "arrow" and takes the responsibility for things he has never done.

Somehow, the points contradict each other, like some mindless game that goes on and on. It is no wonder some women in Singapore can comment that Singaporean guys are wimps. Looking at part of the negative points of army, it actually shows that after army (or maybe during), guys will lose their sense of self-opinion and self-worth. The guys that come out of army will become so obedient and have no self-pride (no offence to anyone, but I'm just stating what I observed to be the majority).

Perhaps it isn't true, perhaps it is. Let the average Singaporean guy confirm it.

Lonely is the night~

I'm starting to become lonely (once again...). No, I still have my friends and my family. I just cannot understand why I become so empty, so void.

I have thought of many reasons and came up with the following for my condition:

I have been single for too long (and tremendous peer pressure to get a partner).
My brother isn't staying at home long enough for me to chat with him (as well as playing games).
Mood swings (yes... guys have it too, but HELL NO, it isn't PMS).
I need to have a new hobby.

Well, I'm not sure which one it is but I am very sure that it is affecting me in a way that makes me feel lethargic and moodless. I have said this to my friends for a long time, that I haven't a heart. I lied.

I can't carry on the lie anymore but I still can't find my courage to approach members of the opposite sex. I can't take rejections (sad, but true). I don't know what to say to them (even though I claim to be a guru in love.. XD ).

In other words, I am a complete klutz when it comes to relationships (I have no idea how it works in reality, since I'm still stuck in my olden days version of love).

Since I can't find any courage to approach ladies, I have always given myself this excuse, "If I see the lady another 2 more times (making it 3), I will approach her" or "The next time I see her, I will get her number..."

Surprising enough, the third time never happens. I never get to see the lady again. Weird, but true. Hence the saying, "Strike the Iron whilst it is hot."

Words of Wisdom

Dave (if u EVER read my blog...), I know you want me to be happy, but being happy isn't that easy. It doesn't mean that getting a partner will make me happy, nor does it mean that I must have a partner to be happy. I have female friends that I keep in contact with once in a while, so don't worry too much about me. =)

Calvin, for the umpteenth time, PLEASE DO NOT ASSOCIATE ME AND HER. Not fair for her. I'm not the kind of guy who likes others to be subjects of a joke, esp. when there really is nothing going on. If there is, I don't mind the teasing.

Kenneth and Raymond, happiness has to be sought for but do not jeopardise your studies for happiness. If things are meant to be, it will be (know how to apply the fishing technic, this is very important.)

Zijing, take care of yourself and try not to let too many things distract you from your goals. Concentrate on more important things than try to let everything pile up onto you until it becomes a big burden.

Oh well, I wonder why I talk so much in this blog, maybe it has been some time since I last posted... or maybe I'm really lonely... Help~

0 Footsteps: