Monday, 31 October 2005

Novice Chef

Yesterday was the first time I have attempted to cook something at home. Unfortunately for me, I still do not know about how to cook many things.

What I have prepared yesterday:

  1. Egg Mayo Sandwich
  2. Mashed Potatoes
For one, the Egg Mayo Sandwich was good, because of the simplicity of preparing it. The disappointing part is the mashed potatoes. It wasn't completely cooked when I tried to mash it (imagine the mess I made in the kitchen XD)

I should have tested the potatoes with chopsticks before I attempted to take them out to mash. =
Dinner was alright, the egg mayo sandwich filled me up quite well (my only meal of the day that is =X).

Next time I'll do better and maybe soon I'll be able to cook up something delicious!

Flickering Candlelight

A candle that is not affected by wind will stay upright and burn strongly.
A candle that is blown by the wind will start to sway and flicker.
A candle that is already flickering will lose its strength and may falter soon.

The wind just comes and goes, never leaving behind a trail.
The wind might just cause the candle to sway a little or make it flicker.
The wind could choose to make the fire extiguished or to let it burn on.

This is a funny relationship between the Candle and the Wind. It could be that Wind was at fault for starting to blow against the candle, yet Wind never did choose to go this way. Fate has it that Wind had to come on this path that Candle is on.

Candle is suffering because its fire is starting to sway more and more. Candle can't stop the wind from coming and somehow gets used to Wind's advance. Now Candle is trapped between letting the fire go out or sustaining the fire to let it be strong again.

Wind feels very responsible for causing such confusion for Candle. Wind knows the turmoil that's going on and doesn't want Candle to get hurt in any way. Wind has been thinking of moving on. Yet the special relationship between Wind and Candle has already become stronger in a way, so Wind doesn't know if moving on will cause more hurt or will help Candle become more clear headed.

Candle is also in a predicament. The fire is still burning but it is already flickering a little here and there. Candle also feels that it has some special bond to Wind in a way too. Candle might find it easier to breath if Wind didn't come by at all, yet now Candle finds it hard for Wind to move away just like that.

Wind already has over-stayed in a way. Candle is tired of the flames swaying in a way. Wind can't do anything more other than coming and going like it always does, it doesn't have a real reason to keep staying on. Candle doesn't want the flames to just die off like that, but doesn't know what to do in order for things to be ok.

Wind only asks for Candle to be happy. Wind doesn't want to see Candle hurt. What does Candle think and feel right now? Only Candle knows.

Wind can only stay by the sidelines to watch.

0 Footsteps: