Rainy days - Rainy nights - Rainbows in the Dark
I've been on course at Sambawang Camp for 2 weeks and 2 days. It wasn't the best days of my life nor was it the worst. One thing I did remember about the whole thing was the rain.
I've learnt a bare minimum of knowledge required for my work in Jurong Camp and most of the time I was doing nothing in the camp. The course would have been completed in 1 week rather than 2 weeks and 2 days if they allocated the time properly for lessons. The actual time spent for studying is really less than 30% of the time we spent there; the rest of the time we were either sleeping, talking or doing something else.
One thing was prevalent was the rain. The sound, the scent, the feeling of the rain. The timing of the rain was also quite accurate at certain times, seemingly suited for the mood for that moment in time. Even as I type this blog post, it is raining.
Rain, tears from heaven.
Rain, blessed water that cleanses.
Rain, ever falling from your face.
Rain, echoes of hurt within my heart.
Rainy days bring gloom.
Rainy nights bring loneliness.
Rainy weeks bring sadness.
Rainy months bring helplessness.
Raining days bear a tinge of joy.
Raining nights bear a rainbow of the dark.
Raining weeks bear time to be together.
Raining months bear a fruit of love.
Scorecard of life - Another game to play?
I did mention about how people of today perceive love a while ago. I said that every guy or lady will have a mental/emotional scorecard to grade about good/bad points or positive/negative actions done.
I didn't realise that aside from love, that scorecard is actually used everywhere else on everything.
Family - Your parents will have scorecards (tonnes of them) to grade how you'd fare in your growing process as well as how you would hold yourself as an adult. They'd have scorecards to grade your friends, to see if they are bad company or not. And as you grow their scorecards will be about your partner, to see if he/she is suitable as a marriage partner or not.
Friends - They will grade you in many ways (too many to mention), but main things will be like "how good a friend you are" or "how good is your partner", etc. The most influencing factor right after your parents.
Colleagues - Grades you according to your work attitude/performance, character and usability (being made used of is a common thing in any company, it is just a matter of how and when and also if you still have any use for your superiors or not)
And many others.
This actually made me think about my spending of time on games. Why bother to play so many games or spend so much time on games when life IS a game? The game of life is not easy to play because there are no "take back steps" nor are there "2nd chances" as your life moves on.
Day by day decisions can actually change many ways your life progresses - getting to know a friend may be a blessing in disguise?; being positive at work might bring you a raise?, etc.
When I think about it, I realise that my life has been going on a downhill because I wasn't in control of my life (too blur to notice anything to begin with). Right now, knowing where I stand is important to me as it allows me to plan for anything else that comes along my way. I could jolly well be pushed around again but as long as my vision is there, I'll be able to carry on living a more self-controlled life (no longer controlled by external factors, only moving on in my life as myself).
There are many things that comes as surprises as well as disappointments in this game and each experience is a process of life that will become a part of our memory. It is really difficult to live a life in a competitive island such as Singapore. There are many things to notice and many things to observe in order for our lives to move on smoothly.
It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to achieve something,
What matters most is that you already achieved it.
Nothing is impossible and as long as you believe in yourself,
Be true to yourself, anything is possible
0 Footsteps:
Post a Comment