Sunday, 17 September 2006

Life taken for granted?

Sometimes in life, we get what we want and we may not appreciate it at face value. Is being content with life making us take things for granted? There are many examples of people taking things for granted and getting away with it, whilst the people slogging hard are getting all the shit.

Recently, I got extra duty for a simple reason - arguing in front of the officer (whom hasn't been in a good mood for a while, will get to that soon). I started off liking army, being very positive about how army can change a person into a more mature and courageous being. I am wrong.

My officer (termed as BTO because of his appointment) has tried ways and means to make the department function as a team. He has been taking shit from his superiors and people from the other coy lines. Yet at the end of the day, he still has to take shit from his men (which is us, the store people). He has been lowering his pride, just to get things done but however, fails to achieve the most simple of all things needed for an officer - respect. He is a good friend, someone whom you can rely on when in need; someone who has the capabilities to stand up for his friends and fight when needed, but he doesn't understand the most basic rule of life - you can't please everybody.

Somehow, I rather pity his state and yet I can't do much about it. He strives to aim for harmony so as to improve working morale but it turns out that some people in the department step on his head directly, while others do it indirectly.

Even for me, after being immersed in the 3rd Signal culture, I am getting sick of the place. It is full of shitholes wherever you go and the shit just rolls down indefinitely. Perhaps it is due to the people that make the system go bad, or the system itself has major loopholes, army is really a place that nobody can take it, at least for 3rd Signal, it is the case.

-----------------------

On another note, darling's sister is really someone who takes things for granted so much, that she thinks that she's so right about everything. I won't say how bad she is, but a very nice quote she could use would be - The world doesn't revolve around you and nobody will take the effort to please you and respect you. You have to please the people around you and respect them first, before you can gain their respect.

I hope darling and her sis don't quarrel as much as before, its bad for family harmony.

0 Footsteps: